Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preparing for my third and final LSAT

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
in General 27853 karma
Before signing up with 7Sage, I took the LSAT twice and fell short. I began studying last July with a lesser study program and I just didn’t effectively prepare myself. While the LR and CR part of my prep wasn’t bad, the Games prep was totally insufficient. Worst of all though, I took a lot of PTs without Blind Reviewing. I wasted those PTs, and I wasted those LSATs. Now, with 7Sage in my corner, I realize just how badly I hurt myself. With only one more shot at it, I feel like there’s a higher threshold of confidence I need to clear before taking it than if it were my first or second attempt. My dilemma is this: I think I’m going to be just shy of 100% confidence for the June LSAT, but I don’t have enough PTs left to hold out for October. I think June is my better prospect. So, to accelerate my schedule to try and hit my 100% confidence level in time for June, I’m considering skipping some of the basic and intermediate LR and RC core curriculum. I really don’t want to, but I’ve spent a lot of time on it already; and even though it wasn’t quite to par with 7Sage, it was decent prep material and I perform well and consistently on those sections. I did the BR on the diagnostic, and I can really tell that that’s where the magic is going to happen for me; so if I’m going to compress my time on anything, I don’t want it to my on my BRs. I’m a little afraid I’ll miss some revolutionary insight that could radically improve my approach, but at this point I think I would benefit more by advancing my schedule so I’ll have more time for PT and BR. What y’all think?

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2016 1650 karma
    I would recommend at least doing the most difficult problem sets for the parts of the LR curriculum that you're going to skip. If you can be nailing the toughest problem sets with confidence, you're probably good to go, otherwise hit the lessons. As far as RC goes, I'd say that depends on how good you are at it. A copy of Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer is also a good substitute for 7sage.

I would also say that not all PTs that you have taken before are "wasted". There's a lot of value in retakes, especially if you took them months ago. I find that for basically any retake from August/September 2015, I don't remember any of the questions except for a scattered stimulus here and there. Again with retakes, the process is more important than your score.

Also, there's still plenty of time before June. I'd say see where you're at in mid April, then start having the internal conversations about postponing. I'd avoid making assumptions about where you'll be at in a few months
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    I'm in the same boat. I wrote June 2015 and December 2015. I wrote June cold and December with some study. I'm starting with 7sage now for June.

I disagree that studying without BR is a complete waste. Yes, it's sub-optimal and a waste of potential, but it's not like you learned NOTHING from those tests, right? The experience of writing them and familiarizing yourself with your weaknesses is important. You never get worse, only better. So don't beat yourself up about wasting those tests. There's plenty more to study.

I think if LG is your weakness you should focus on LG for now, like you were planning. You're on the right path.