Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question Difficulty

julsnet2julsnet2 Member
in General 72 karma
I have a quick question I am confused on. Does every section on the LSAT start with the easiest questions, then progressively move on to the hardest? As in, would question 1 be the easiest and then question 25 (or whatever the last question is) ends on the hardest?

Comments

• quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    edited April 2016 611 karma
    Sections do tend to go from easy to hard, but it's usually not a straightforward linear progression. Question 1 isn't necessarily the easiest, and question 25 isn't necessarily the most difficult. I personally find that the hardest questions are usually around 3/4 of the way through a section.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Agreed. That's the general progression, but it is far from a rule. I also find that questions 18-22 or so tend to be the most difficult.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    In my experience, some of the newest LSATs have been throwing in tougher questions at the beginning, particularly in LR and to a lesser extent in RC.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Occasionally, that is
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2016 2086 karma
    Yes, to an extent. As a general rule of thumb, you can expect the first few questions to be the easiest, and the last few to be the most difficult. However, don't go into a section with the assumption that 1-10 = easy, 11-18 moderate, 19-25 = difficult.
    The LSAT writers have been known to include difficult questions somewhere in the middle (say, 12, 13, 14, etc.) and somewhat easy questions towards the end (21, 22, 23, etc.).
    In the past, I've shot myself in the foot by focusing my attention on the first half of a LR section, only to find out that there were 2 or 3 incredibly easy questions scattered somewhere in between questions 15-25.