Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to become a lawyer

mandjcaglemandjcagle Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma
Trying to find a good law school.

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Good luck!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2098 karma
    you are at the right place not everyone is lucky enough to start with 7Sage
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2016 27859 karma
    The most widely recognized rankings are those posted by US News & World Report. The Top 14 are considered the best, with the top 6, and especially the top 3, considered particularly elite.

Depending on how high you want to aim, it’s important to start out by establishing a realistic timeline. LSAT prep alone can take over a year for top scorers, so just understand that this is a long process (if you do it right).

A lot of people will tell you to establish your numbers first and then see where you fit in. Ultimately, this is what will happen because your numbers are so overwhelming in determining your prospects of admissions. I think it can be healthy to aim for schools in the top 6 though. It has helped me to avoid plateauing because that level is so competitive and I can’t allow myself to be happy with anything shy of a perfect score. I have coffee mugs from a number of T6 schools that I have my coffee out of every morning as a reminder. And so what if I fall short? Wherever I land will be higher up the chain than I would have been had I placed a lower expectation on myself.