Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

weaken question

from he lecture i understand that to find out the right answer choice for weaken question, i need to keep two thing in my mind
1. the ans choice is that , which is an assumption and not seen in the premise which is missing from the premise,
2. the ans choice is that which if we add in premise the conclusion will fail.
if I am right, then may be I understand this part otherwise i might need help

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    For weakening questions, the correct answer choice will not always result in a completely destroyed conclusion. In fact, for some of the more difficult weakening questions, the correct answer choice slightly dings the reasoning structure or conclusion. In other words, given the correct answer choice and existing premises, the conclusion will seem less plausible.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @tamzidamila check out the strengthen and weaken webinar. It includes strategies on how to tackle the argument if it includes a causation/correlation relationship, a phenomenon/hypothesis relationship or analogy relationships. To my surprise the first strengthen question I came across in my PF had a phenomenon/hypothesis relationship. I also got a slightly different perspective than what's in the curriculum on how to strengthen or weaken the argument.