Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September LSAT

arina185arina185 Member
in General 44 karma
Hey guys,
I am taking the September LSAT and after reading a good number of people saying how the June LSAT was easy to moderate I am getting nervous. While my "theory" has not evidence to back it up whatsoever I am afraid the September LSAT will be much harder. Could there be any truth to it?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 8021 karma
    The curve normalizes each test so if your prep is on point then it really shouldn't matter. Now whether or not the difficulty plays to your strengths or not is impossible to know so don't worry about this and just keep prepping.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @Pacifico by far the best response I've seen for this famous question.
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    What is the curve?
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @kmarie7 said:
    What is the curve?
    Each LSAT has a curve assigned to it that determines how many you can miss to achieve a certain score. This is how the test can be statistically reliable from administration to administration.

Some tests you can have a -8 and get a 170, others you can have a -12 and still get a 170.

So while a test might be consider more difficult, this isnt really the case due to the curve, as they test is designed to be consistent in scores.

This is also why averaging your most recent PTs is usually a fair prediction of your test day LSAT score.