Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain fog?

KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 260 karma
I have a pretty weird situation on my hands...
In my past 5 PTs I have increased my score, ultimately leading up to the highest score I've ever achieved (WOOHOO!). I was scheduled to take another PT this week but it was a train wreck in the first section, my timing was sooooo bad, I damn-near circled the entire section for BR. I decided to not finish the PT because I was clearly off my game. To be honest, it felt like it was my first time seeing an LR question. Leading up to the PT I was as motivated as ever: drilling/reviewing/the usual, etc... However, that ONE section of that unfinished PT really rattled me; so much so that my study sessions in the following days were so unmotivated and discouraging, I didn't put my heart into it (sorry for the cliche). If I had to describe how I feel, I'd say that I feel as if I'm suffering from some type of brain fog, in other words I'm having trouble going through the motions, which is weird since just a week ago I had scored the highest I had ever scored! Has this happened to anyone before?
I don't really think I'm burnt out, I've burnt out once (leading up to the December '15 test), so I feel like I know what it's like.
I have a 10-day vacation starting on monday that I've been planning with family for quite some time and I'm wondering if my brain subconsciously took off before I did. If so, I'm hoping that the time off will help me in some way.

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Burn out can come in different ways and definitely sneaks up on you. It sounds like that's all that's going on.

Take some time. We both know that's what you need. Also, ALWAYS try to push through and finish your PTs you start because you NEVER know how you're going to feel on test day. So get used to pushing through that first hard section. It'd be a shame to get up and walk out on a real administration. :(

Have fun on vacation; try not to be too hard ok yourself. This happens to everyone if you study long enough. <3
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Agreed @BruiserWoods .

Just enjoy your vacation @kevinsage and try to keep your mind off it. I bet you'll be sharper than ever when you come back.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    All of the above, and SLEEP. Wish I took my own advice on this one.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma