Food/Coffee Intake before PTs

1danlynch1danlynch Member
in General 51 karma
Hey guys! Something I've started to realize is how important eating correctly (and not drinking too much coffee) is important for these tests. Since this test is around 3 hours, and you'll be using every ounce of energy in your brain throughout, the energy you put in is an underrated part of taking this test. At first, I felt that as long as I was full, I could move on through the test without any issues. But the more tests I took, the more I realized that eating a properly balanced meal (one that includes a lean protein, some whole grains and vegetables) allowed me to stay focused throughout. As far as coffee goes, I've personally found that drinking over 2 cups of coffee before a test makes me twitchy and more prone to a crash during the test. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2086 karma
    Great post. You're absolutely right. I tend to do far better on a PT when I've eaten healthy carbs and protein prior.
  • Giant PandaGiant Panda Alum Member
    274 karma
    I need coffee for everything. Yes, excess amount of coffee create anxiety, but I just finished a 3 year journey on CFA exams: each is about 6 hours long, plus 3 more hours of instruction, 1 hour break, another hour of collection, and it did not happen to me. I mean yes to some minor extend but definitely not damaging your performance. I think in the end of the day it is about your preparation and how comfortable you feel about your craft.