Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for Re-takers?

heatherelizabethheatherelizabeth Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 146 karma
I didn't reach my goal on the June test, and will need to rewrite in September. I am wondering if any of you who rewrote can give me some advice on the best way to start studying for the upcoming test. Before June, I was PT-ing right within the range of what I needed to score (170+), but I dropped the ball on test day (166). I'm assuming my drop was related to anxiety, but some of my scores took a hit in the weeks/days leading up to the test as well. I can't decide if I should revisit the curriculum, or just pick up where I left off and keep PT/BR-ing. Or maybe I should supplement 7sage with other materials.

This is a very subjective question and I'm sure the answer varies depending on the individual. That being said, I would love to hear how you all handled the rewrite.
Thanks!

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1650 karma
    Have you checked out the webinars? I found those really helpful in supplementing.

I'd only think about revisiting the curriculum if you have blatant identifiable weak spots. You got a 166 and have hit 170+ on PTs, you understand the fundamentals. My suggestion if you're definitely in for a retake is to take a few days off then jump back into PTs with really good BR.

Also, anxiety could definitely have been a factor in your performance. But think of it like this...you now have a 166 in your back pocket, that's an excellent insurance policy. How much better will your mindset be this time around having gone through the test day experience AND having that 166 in the back of your mind? Good luck!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    once again, I agree with @"Ron Swanson". Before immersing yourself in the full curriculum again, I would try to rewatch some of the available webinars on specific question types.

Also, of course, try to attend them live as they come up.
  • heatherelizabethheatherelizabeth Alum Member
    146 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" @BruiserWoods Thanks guys! I had an idea about what to do, but hearing it out from other people makes it feel like a more legitimate game plan. I can't stop second guessing myself after spending the last month overconfident about my score lol
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    Where can I find the webinars? @BruiserWoods
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma