Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Retake

Matthew524Matthew524 Member
edited June 2016 in General 651 karma
So yesterday I received my LSAT score and received a 158. It was a hard to accept but I realized I have to accept it and I have the chance to do better in September, especially because my diagnostic was in the 142, a 16 point increase. I honestly do not know where to start.

I have done preptests 50- 74 and had an average of 156. My ultimate goal is to get a 163 or higher which I believe could be done since I got 8 questions wrong on logic games on my actual LSAT. I also got 13 questions wrong for logical reasoning and 10 wrong on reading comprehension. I just want to know how should I go about taking preptests and studying? Should I go back to curriculum.

Is my goal unrealistic for remaining time period? Btw when I was studying for my June LSAT I had a part time job and was a full time student but for the time remaining I already quit my job so I may give my full effort to studying. Also should I supplement my 7sage curriculum with anything? I already used the LSAT Trainer and want to honestly do the best possible when it comes to the September LSAT. Its been a long journey and I do not want to give up without reaching my goal. Please help and provide any advice or personal experience! Thank you!!!

Comments

• Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    Sorry for any typos!
  • heatherelizabethheatherelizabeth Alum Member
    146 karma
    I'm not an expert by any means, so take this advice with a grain of salt. I would take a PT and do a really solid BR to help you understand where your weak points are. Based on your results from the June test, it seems like you could benefit from revisiting the foolproof method of LG. I would consider revisiting the LG drills from the curriculum to really solidify your strategy. I personally supplemented my course with the Powerscore Logic Games Bible, but I'm not sure that it really added much.

In terms of LR and RC, I think your decision to revisit the curriculum should be based on whether or not you have a good understanding of the fundamentals. Are there specific question types that you are not understanding? When you BR, are you able to understand why the right answer choice is right and why the others are wrong? For example, if you are always making mistakes on weakening questions and don't understand why the right answer choice is right, then you should probably revisit the lessons on that specific question type.

I don't think that the increase you are looking to make is unrealistic given your plan to study full time. That being said, if you don't see the increase in a month or so, I would consider postponing your rewrite.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Take a look at the Trainer if you haven't already and take your time with it - it's a gem.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @heatherm93 said:
    I would take a PT and do a really solid BR to help you understand where your weak points are. Based on your results from the June test, it seems like you could benefit from revisiting the foolproof method of LG. I would consider revisiting the LG drills from the curriculum to really solidify your strategy
    Solid advice. BR is really the best tool to improve, in addition to writing out explanations.