Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A subtle logic game trick

lewis.waringlewis.waring Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 68 karma
Copying game boards used to stress me out a little bit because of the numbering. Every time I copied a game board (which could be 4 or 5 or even 8 times possibly?) I knew I needed to copy over the numbering (1 2 3 4 5 6 beneath the spaces), but found it very time consuming. My way around that is 1. using roman numerals instead of numbers. They are a lot quicker. 2. only marking slots 3 and 5. I borrowed this from the guitar fretboard, where only select frets are marked. You are told which is the 3rd and 5th fret, and from that it's plain to see which is the 2nd and 4th etc. This made copying game boards just a LITTLE bit faster, which made logic games just a LITTLE bit less stressful.
Efficiency 8-)

Comments

• Admiral YummyAdmiral Yummy Member
    116 karma
    That's a cool idea - like how you based it on a guitar fretboard! When I'm doing a linear game, I sometimes just number the game piece that's identified in the modifier question. For example, if the question says "if X is the sixth racehorse", I'll just put the total number of dashes for all of the horses and mark 6 under the sixth horse. As long as I've counted up to six and know the rules of the game, I'm good.
  • lewis.waringlewis.waring Alum Member
    68 karma
    oh good idea