Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back again, and still kinda freaking out

AstralCzarinaAstralCzarina Alum Member
edited July 2016 in General 38 karma
So, last time I was here I got some really great advice from a number of people, and I made a few life decisions. To get to a 170 (I'm at a 152 diagnostic), I'm going to take a gap year, as I graduate in may, and all this year I'm going to prep with 7sage ultimate. I will take the test next June. Does this sound like a solid plan?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited July 2016 11542 karma
    Love it and I'm glad you see the benefit in taking a gap year for the LSAT. You won't regret it.

PS- stop freaking out will ya? Lol
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Yep take the time you need to get the score you want!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Sounds like a perfect plan to me. Just don't get TOO deadset on June, because you can always take in September and still be early in the cycle.

Take the test when you're READY. :) Good luck!
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    Yup. Go through the curriculum SLOWLY until you have mastered each section. Do not move forward with a lesson set until you have truly mastered it. Use earlier material for drilling.

When you have completed the curriculum start taking PT's and BR the material.

Good luck!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    You're certainly on the right track! I give this advice to everyone: Come up with a plan of attack for the LSAT, execute it, and see where you're scoring after you've completed the curriculum. Study and PT until you've scored your target score (the score you need to get into your top school) at least 7 times, then, register for the LSAT. DO NOT register before you've scored within your target range a few times. You'll end up handing LSAC a bunch of money and getting nothing in return.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Sounds pretty good to me!
  • Keane XavierKeane Xavier Alum Member
    171 karma
    I'm in the midst of a similar gap, and I cannot recommend this approach enough. Not only will you ensure that you'll be able to maximize your score, and thus your chances that you'll be able to attend the school of your choice, you'll grow personally, too. The reading and writing and personal exploration that I've done in my leisure, when I'm not studying, has been invaluable. Take that year - or more, if necessary - with confidence. You won't regret it.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Keane Xavier" said:
    I'm in the midst of a similar gap, and I cannot recommend this approach enough. Not only will you ensure that you'll be able to maximize your score, and thus your chances that you'll be able to attend the school of your choice, you'll grow personally, too. The reading and writing and personal exploration that I've done in my leisure, when I'm not studying, has been invaluable. Take that year - or more, if necessary - with confidence. You won't regret it.
    Pretty much this whole paragraph.