Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much study material do you get through on an average day?

annannannannannann Alum Member
edited July 2016 in General 304 karma
Today I completed over 8 LR problem sets and 8 logic games. Each problem set takes me ~30-60 minutes with blind review and all :P Quantity wise, I feel like I'm not getting a lot done, but quality wise, I believe that I'm refining my critical thinking skills through this thorough process. So, how much LSAT material do you get through on an average day? :)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2016 23929 karma
    @"Ann California"
    That's a solid amount quantity wise. Especially being that you BR'ed them as well. It may not feel like you're getting a lot done, but you truly are. Something I like to do is keep a list of everything I want to do and cross it off. It is simple, but it helps you to feel a lot more accomplished when you see everything you've done that day crossed off.

And the second part of your post, where you say you feel like quality wise you are refining your skills is the most important thing. Quality > Quantity is so so important for LSAT prep. There are study sessions for me that last an hour where I do more quality work than some 8 hour ones. So it is good you are doing that.

Which brings me to my next point: Don't set your goals in hours, but rather material to get through. My goals for a day usually consist of getting through specific lessons on a question type and problem sets. I found that when I tried to use time as a barometer of study success, I only became burned out and disappointed. It totally looks like you are on the right path as far as that is concerned.

For me, in an average day, I usually get through 1-2 lessons on 7Sage + whatever drills accompany it. It certainly varies depending on what it is tbh.
    For instance, today I began the reading comp lesson which was about 6 hours. So that is basically all I did. I also did a few logic games I had already seen to make sure I don't atrophy on those.

Lately I've just been following my 7Sage custom schedule which is dope because I know exactly what I need to do and by when.
  • annannannannannann Alum Member
    edited July 2016 304 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks for your input!

I totally agree. In the beginning of my prep, I focused on getting through as many questions as possible, without fully understanding why each answer choice was wrong/right. I *thought* I understood everything, *when* I read the explanations of the answers in the books. Oh boy, was I wrong!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Everyone's different so if you're asking this question to gauge where you think you should be pacing at then it's a pointless question. But it seems you already understand that quality > quantity so case closed :D
    304 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I was more so curious about what other people are doing! Not necessarily to compare my pace :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Ann California" then carry on :D it's just easy to get sucked into the thinking of "oh no this person does 4287 lessons a day I should too" lol so be careful of that.
    304 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Very true! :D
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I love everything that @"Alex Divine" said, couldn't agree with it more.

Personally, I am going through the curriculum REALLY slowly, at first it was really freaking me out but I remember something one of my friends told me (he scored a 175 and is going to HLS), don't start taking tests until you've practiced the problems over and over and really understand what your doing.

I shifted from studying 3-4 hours a day to studying full time a few weeks ago. So, with a full day of prep I get about one of the lessons in. Even on days when my goal is to complete the RC lesson, I find I have to divide it within 2-2.5 days. I also use the Cambridge materials to supplement with extra questions that serve as my 7Sage HW. I know it is important to start taking PT's and I have shifted my PT schedule 3 times already, but to me mastering all of the material is more important and later using PT's to gauge what my progress is, is a more effective strategy.

Also, I will redo quizzes and drills over and over again until I have mastered the diagramming, content etc. I did the flashcards for the sufficient assumption questions 15 times one day, but doing that got my accuracy really high (I went -2 on 30 questions) and I was solving questions within 30 seconds because my diagramming had become so fast. Take advantage of the resources that are within the lessons and master them.

Sorry this is so long!