PT73.S2.Q21 - most of the students who took spanish

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
edited August 2016 in Logical Reasoning 442 karma
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-73-section-2-question-21/
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone could explain why E is correct.
I was not sure about E because it says more than half of the students received a grade of B-or higher, but I thought it's not nec, true because there might be other factors influenced their grades, such as test score etc. Even though some students attend all classes, they might have done poorly on exams and it might result in receiving grades lower than B-, so I thought E cannot be inferred from the stimuli, especially the part "more than half..." at least some, maybe, but more than half is too much.
Could anyone explain this question?:(

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this since it got caught in the spam filter a day ago! Careful with the titles, @"Tina Cho" - we have quite a bit of spammers, so special characters are blocked.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    “1. From the total pool of students who took the SP101 class MOST attended every class. 2. If you were a student who received a C+ or lower then you were a student who did not attend every class.” This is all the info we have to go off. If you contrapose the second statement it ends up looking like “If you attended every class you received a B- or higher grade.” Now you can create a conditional chain because “attending every class” overlaps. Your chain looks like this:
    SP101 students –M--> Attended every class ---> Received B- or higher
    ac-E just carries the MOST through. Since most of the students attended every class then most also received grades of B- or higher.