PT47.S3.Q14 - main cause of melanoma

jschmi25jschmi25 Alum Member
edited December 2015 in General 62 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-47-section-3-question-14/

I'm very confused with this specific question, one of the few LR that I have ever blind reviewed and been unable to get correct. It's a weaken question but the correct answer choice DIRECTLY attacks the main premise of the argument, basically completely renders it false. It is a, if true, question so in hindsight I can see how the answer choice is correct but it seems to defy my strategy for attacking weakening questions. Am I missing a subtlety here or did I just think to deeply into this question and miss the obvious answer..it doesn't help that none of the other answer choices seemed correct so I went with C because the argument claims that EVERYBODY needs to wear sun screen and the answer says that some people are allergic, but it does say some people allergic to most sunscreen so they clearly can just buy stuff they aren't allergic to. Mainly, does this answer choice bypass our Goku lazer beam analogy?

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    The correct answer doesn't directly attack a premise. Consider the given definition of adequate sunblock, and think about what (if anything) it has to do with melanoma. Try to spot the huge assumption you are making.

The good news - Goku's lazer beam is as intact as ever!