Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conditional Reasoning

am360am360 Alum Member
edited August 2016 in General 14 karma
Hi Everyone,

I see that there's a Conditional Reasoning/Introduction to Logic portion as part of the Logical Reasoning Curriculum here on 7Sage. It seems to be the same on my PowerScore Bible. However, I've recently been reviewing some of my notes and it seems as though it's a little more inclined towards the Logic Games section. Which has me wondering, is it necessary to be going through that chapter?

That chapter seems to come right after MSS/MP/MC. I was really hoping to continue understanding and approaching different question types before jumping into that. So... Is it necessary learn this material to approach some of the Weakening/Strengthening questions later on? Seems like I'm missing something here :/

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma
    Yes! Breaking down which parts of the argument are sufficient and necessary allows you to determine the evidence and conclusion. This helps you figure out potential flaws and opportunities to strengthen/weaken the argument. Conditional reasoning is one of the fundamental operations of the LSAT! It's tough to get down, but the payout is enormous. If you have any direct questions feel free to inbox me! Good luck!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @am360 ,

@jknauf nailed it!

It is really something that is worth knowing inside and out. I mean you need to be able to wake up in the middle of the night and know this without thinking a second. Like @jknauf said, the payout is enormous and it is really critical that you understand it for future lessons. I think I read through that chapter in the LR Bible a couple times, AND watched the lessons here on 7Sage for conditional lawgic 2 times.

It will help you immensely with LG and LR so don't move on from it until it is burned in your brain, lol :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah, you're going to need to get to know conditionals backwards and forwards. Get cozy. It can take awhile to fully grasp on an intuitive level. It is essentially simple, but it can take a long time to understand it simply. I'm not entirely sure that actually makes sense, but I'm sticking to it.
  • am360am360 Alum Member
    14 karma
    Thanks for all the help guys!

It's definitely a little difficult to grasp, but practice makes perfect! :D