Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT/LR advice please!

kaycl469kaycl469 Alum Member
in General 54 karma
Hi, so I've recently started doing PTs (around 5) and I am scoring in the low 150s. My BR score has been increasing, with the most recent being 167. The problem I have when doing PTs is that I always run out of time for LR and end up not doing the last 5 or 6 questions (while skipping other questions). I end up getting around 10 wrong per LR section but when I BR, I miss around 3 per section. What can I do to bridge that gap? Should I drill individual LR sections and stop PTing? I went back to the curriculum and worked on my weaker areas like Flaw and weaken questions. Sometimes I have a really hard time understanding the wording of some answer choices, which take up time.

As for RC, it's my weakest section and I never get to the last passage during PTs.
My plan was to take the test in September..but at this point I am really unsure if I should cancel and write in December. My goal is 160+. I wanted to write the test in September so I could have a chance to retake in Dec if I needed to, but if I write in December, that would be the last score some law schools in Canada would accept.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @zeekay469 said:
    What can I do to bridge that gap?
    Are you tackling the "low hanging fruit" that JY suggests first before taking on the harder LR questions?

@zeekay469 said:
    Sometimes I have a really hard time understanding the wording of some answer choices, which take up time.
    You have to continue working on those weak areas that you aren't understanding, only then should you continue doing PTs. I remember @"Cant Get Right" saying time and understanding of the material go hand in hand which makes perfect sense to me. Basically, if you're taking too long to answer the questions which results in missing lots of questions when time is up, you must work on the fundamentals because it's an indication you aren't in full comprehension of the material. (Sorry if I misquoted you, Josh!) So my advice is save these PTs for when you have a better grip on how to take down these question types...last thing you and I would want to happen is you running out of PTs!
    @zeekay469 said:
    As for RC, it's my weakest section and I never get to the last passage during PTs.
    How are you scoring in RC during time constraints?
    @zeekay469 said:
    My plan was to take the test in September..but at this point I am really unsure if I should cancel and write in December.
    I think December would be better for you in the long run.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @zeekay469 said:
    I end up getting around 10 wrong per LR section but when I BR, I miss around 3 per section. What can I do to bridge that gap? Should I drill individual LR sections and stop PTing?
    If you are missing 10 on LR sections, I don't think you are going to get anything out of PT'ing. You need to go back and review the fundamentals of each question type, then drill, and then BR.
    You will get much more out of that than from a PT. Also, if you are missing 10, I wouldn't worry about time for now. Just focus on accuracy and time will come, I promise!

I also second everything @montaha.rizeq has said.
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Just focus on accuracy and time will come, I promise!

:)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27858 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Sorry if I misquoted you, Josh!
    Couldn’t have said it better, although I do think I should get royalties on the karma;)
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    although I do think I should get royalties on the karma;)
    Hahahaha! get over it broooo