Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I inlcude a school that I haven't finished in my CV?

yimeiyimei Member
edited August 2016 in Law School Admissions 138 karma
Before transferring to my current school,Umich, I was an exchange student from a HK institution to the U of Leeds in UK. However, because Umich started the semester before Leeds' finals, I did not attend finals and didn't get any credit there. I think it can show my diverse experience to include U of Leeds in my CV, but I don't have credits...
Also, how should I cover this 3-month exchange experience in my CV which I have no transcript? Should I specify the reason in Addendum?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping to the top so more people see it!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @yimei said:
    Should I specify the reason in Addendum?
    I would assume so, because it will look strange that you didn't complete the course technically. Any input on this, @david.busis ?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    That’s a pretty unique situation, I’m not sure what the answer to this one is. Were you officially enrolled at Leeds? My suspicion is that, without acquiring any credits, it won’t count for much, but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't list it somehow. There still might be a way to account for it, but I’m honestly not sure what the best way to go about it would be.
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma
    I'd put Leeds on your resume to account for the time and write two or three-sentence addendum to explain why it doesn't show up on your transcripts.
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" @montaha.rizeq @"Cant Get Right" Thank you for your help and inputs! And @david.busis yes, I will put leeds in and explain it in my addendum.

Thank you all!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    You're welcome. I'm glad you got this resolved!