Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which one is my LSDAS Gpa

kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
in General 208 karma
I just looked at my Academic Summary Report. First thought was.... WTF! This is so confusing. I have no idea what the first part is all about. I scrolled down to the bottom and saw a degree GPA, and a cumulative GPA. Which one is considered my LSDAS

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    It'll be your cumulative GPA unless you've taken community college courses, in which case, those would count towards your LSDAS.
  • edited August 2016 1025 karma
    ^^^
    This is the case most of the time, but the only difference between LSDAS and cumulative GPA is that ALL your grades, including any retakes, count. A University cumulative can be misleading, as LSDAS disregards university academic policies. If you have not failed a class, than your cumulative GPA is you LSDAS GPA. If you have, even if your college has a system where they drop a failing grade and replace it with a latter passing score, LSDAS counts every score from HS grad. to the end of undergrad. Thus, the failing AND the passing grade are counted to LSDAS.

I just want to make sure your not hit with a major blindside right before applying.

Also, since this is relevant, I just dropped a MUS 100 class (hardest class I've ever taken
    --seriously, lol) and I received a W. After digging to find an answer a few months ago, there are two types of withdraws. One is a class withdraw, which is unprejudiced. I just dropped the class and the other classes I was enrolled in were all fine.
    Then there's the second option, were you're SOL and it's a week before grades are do (dates could vary). This is where one would have to withdraw from the semester and I believe this factors into LSDAS. Literally, the only difference between these two dilemmas are dates.

Also, I figured out some schools count any W as the second option, with no unprejudiced safeguard; but then again, some do. Moral of the story here, know your university's policy on grades!
    Either way, LSDAS was created to have a uniform grading policy (no fun-_-). I hope everything works out, best of luck champ!(: