Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was PT 72's Game 4 the easiest?

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
edited August 2016 in Logic Games 652 karma
Anyone else think that game was the easiest game, once you recognized that it was a weird pattern game? I've heard many people complain about it but I still don't understand why.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8705 karma
    I actually spent a fair amount of time last night talking about and going over PT's 72-Game 4. I thought the game wasn't as bad as it is often made out to be: once I recognized the key inference upfront. Actually looking at this as a pattern game did very little for me because in my understanding, it had very little in common with the previous pattern games. PT 27's snakes and lizards game has been categorized as a pattern game and the 2 have almost nothing in common, PT 27's game has stacking within the groups, could have blank spots and there was the constant need to avoid certain linear arrangements (female snakes not next to male lizards.)

If you don't mind me asking: what about recognizing this as a pattern game made it easier? Shedding some light on that could certainly help with my approach to future games that fit the pattern mold.

Thank you!
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    @David3389, I am not sure if you are familiar with power scores diagramming techniques but knowing a quick way to draw up a diagram and precede without wasting anytime was incredibly helpful. I spent a solid couple weeks just drilling pattern games and yes this one was a little different but my diagramming technique was pretty similar. It was just helpful not being thrown off and knowing exactly how to proceed