Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First PT 171. What's Next?

MsStateLSATMsStateLSAT Member
edited August 2016 in General 105 karma
I am registered for the September LSAT and I scored a 171 (!!!!) on my first timed, proctored, new PT out of the curriculum (December 2008, PT 56). I realize consistency is key with this, so what are everyone's recommendations on how I should keep this going?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Woah, that's not bad Mississippi! Seriously, that's incredible!

How was your BR?
  • MsStateLSATMsStateLSAT Member
    105 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thanks! It was definitely a big confidence boost.

I actually didn't BR this test. I know I know, it's the key to a higher score, but I only had a small window of time to take the PT and since it was my first PT out of the curriculum I was a little anxious to see how I did. I absolutely plan to BR every future PT. I started with 56 and I plan to take all the way up to PT 72 before test day.

I am a little worried that this PT is not representative of where I actually am score wise since the LG section was significantly easier than normal. I feel like my performance on the entire test hinges on LG.

I've foolproofed every game from PTs 18-29. I plan on foolproofing from 30-56 before test day. I normally do about 3 LG sections per day (my worst section) while also making my way through to rest of the LR and RC curriculum.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @att88 said:
    I actually didn't BR this test. I know I know, it's the key to a higher score, but I only had a small window of time to take the PT and since it was my first PT out of the curriculum I was a little anxious to see how I did. I absolutely plan to BR every future PT.
    Ok, I'll give you a pass on this one, haha. That first one out of the curriculum is pretty killer.
    @att88 said:
    I am a little worried that this PT is not representative of where I actually am
    So, it is not unlikely that this may be a bit of an outlier. Even if it is though, the fact that you're capable of an outlier like this right out of the curriculum is extremely encouraging. See what happens on your next PT, and even more importantly how your BR goes. Really try to max out your BR score, and that will give you a really good indication of the kind of range you're capable of.
    @att88 said:
    I feel like my performance on the entire test hinges on LG.
    Good. This is really the best place you could be weak on. That's the gap you can close the most the quickest. So, keep on those Games.

Another thing to think about is, your pacing strategy on this PT was almost certainly really horrible. That's really great. It takes some time to develop and it's just not something you will have had much opportunity to work on. So much of high scorers' overall abilities stem from effective pacing. If you can take your 170 capability and start finishing sections in 25 minutes, you can really kill this thing.