PT61.S4.Q05 - many scholars are puzzled about who

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
edited August 2016 in Logical Reasoning 442 karma
I was not sure between C and D.
I thought D could be true because maybe they favored a certain character more than the other charactors. This would explain why the abridgement contains a very accurate rendering of the speeches of one of the characters.
Why is D wrong?
Any ideas...??
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-61-section-4-question-05

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Well you are right to debate between C/D but remember this is a MSS. So one answer choice will definitely outweigh the other. I love your consideration that a spectator might have a preference. But who is more likely to remember the detailed speech of one character? Yes a spectator fanboy of one character could... but an actor who played a role would be way more likely to know it by heart. And ac D requires you speculate a lot more info than provided about said spectator. An actor in the play inherently would know this stuff.
    That's my take. Hope it helps.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Humm...true. but I'm sure someone would remember all the lines of one character if they really love the character (as you say, fanboy or fangirl?) so that confused me...but now I think...people can do that because they can watch show many times, but back then maybe that was impossible.
    I mean...it may not be easy to watch the show even if they wanted to, so that would make it very hard to remember all of the lines for speculators. What do you think??
    442 karma
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    people can do that because they can watch show many times
    Indeed but do you see the mental gymnastics you have to do to get there? C is a clear and reasonable conclusion.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    ^^ what nye said. It requires less logical leaps to reason why an actor could have written the abridgement (he/she remembers his lines the best) than a spectator (because you'd have to assume that the spectator was not a neutral spectator but a biased one in favor of one actor)
    442 karma
    Thank you :)