Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I just mark answers on scan-tron and not test booklet?

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
in General 234 karma
Is this allowed? I feel like it will cut down on time transferring answers.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I would imagine you can seeing that the Scantron is graded by a machine (unless you request and pay for it to be hand scored)

I think it is quite risky just in case you were to make an error and then have no reference. For the 5 minutes during an entire test it may save you, you risk a lot more...

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    I mean, technically you don't even have to make a mark in the test booklet. But yeah, you can do that if you want but like Alex said, you might risk getting confused at some point.
  • 181please181please Member
    171 karma
    Go for it. However, my suggestion would be to try it out on a timed PT and see if it really makes a difference for you. Don't go into test day and suddenly decide to try out something new.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Of course you can but the question I'd ask is if this would work in your favor or not. I would think this would make you prone to making a careless mistake, not to mention marking the answer in your test-book takes half a second. Give it a try with more than one PT but I still advise against it.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Try it out on a pt and let us know.