Predicting/anticipating Score?

kkarlenekkarlene Free Trial Member
I've been taking practice tests for about a month now (only 1 or 2 a week) but every test I've taken my score has gone up. It's making it really challenging to anticipate where I'll be on test day. Any thoughts?

Diagnostic: 156
June 2015 test: 160
Recent practice tests:

Pt 62: 165
Pt 63: 166
Pt 64: 167
Pt 65: 168
Pt 66: 169

My hope is to take PT 67-70 before test day, maybe those will give me a better picture?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    Congrats, that is certainly awesome!

Hard to say because you haven't taken any of the 70s PTs yet, and often people need a bit of time to get acclimated with those before one can get an accurate read on what score to expect. Are you taking in a couple weeks?
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Conventional wisdom is that you average out your 3 most recent exams, and your actual score will be +/- 3 of that number. Most experience a slight drop for one reason or another.

I'd highly recommend taking a few PTs in the 70s before sitting for the exam
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I have never seen such a hilarious march of consistent progress in LSAT scores! That's great. It looks like you need to take 11 more tests!
  • kkarlenekkarlene Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    Great advice to take tests in the 70s. It sounds like I should use my last two weeks on those.

Hopefully that will give me a better idea.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah, basically everyone sees a substantial drop when they hit the 70's. Don't take in sequence, jump around.