Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law school apps

ambitious_kingambitious_king Alum Member
in General 6 karma
I am aiming to take the LSAT in Feb. 2017, If I do this will I still have a chance at being admitted for school starting Fall 2017 or would it be best that I wait until Fall 2018? Also, how many schools would you suggest I apply too? I have been told that the more schools I apply to the higher my chances are at acceptance. Right now, I have about 14 schools that interest me, in which about 5-6 are "very hard" to get into while the rest are all "safety schools". Also, each time you submit a new app. to a law school, do you have to ask/request new LORs', as I have about 4 on file, but I was not sure if they expired? And how exactly does it work with schools you have applied to before but was not accepted? Any advice you all could give me will be greatly appreciated, thanks :-)

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"ambitious_king" said:
    I am aiming to take the LSAT in Feb. 2017, If I do this will I still have a chance at being admitted for school starting Fall 2017 or would it be best that I wait until Fall 2018?
    While it's true you will have a chance of admission still, it's better to hold off your application because more often than not, it will be difficult to get a good amount of scholarship money because plenty of it would be gone at that point...if you can hold off until the next cycle, I recommend that.
    @"ambitious_king" said:
    Also, how many schools would you suggest I apply too? I have been told that the more schools I apply to the higher my chances are at acceptance. Right now, I have about 14 schools that interest me, in which about 5-6 are "very hard" to get into while the rest are all "safety schools".
    You're on the right track with this :)
    @"ambitious_king" said:
    Also, each time you submit a new app. to a law school, do you have to ask/request new LORs', as I have about 4 on file, but I was not sure if they expired?
    Nope. If you apply via LSAC, they expire after 5 years.
    @"ambitious_king" said:
    And how exactly does it work with schools you have applied to before but was not accepted?
    Simple as reapplying really. If there's an option to explain why this app is different than the previous, do so!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"ambitious_king" said:
    I am aiming to take the LSAT in Feb. 2017, If I do this will I still have a chance at being admitted for school starting Fall 2017 or would it be best that I wait until Fall 2018?
    It depends is the short answer. Some schools accept Feb LSAT scores, however, most don't...

It would be best all things being equal to wait until Fall 2018 and apply on the first day apps open. It would also give you more time for a retake if needed.
  • ambitious_kingambitious_king Alum Member
    6 karma
    hey and thank you all so much for the advice!