Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grammar and Referential Phrases

LSATHopeful-2LSATHopeful-2 Alum Member
in General 109 karma
Hey everyone,

I just started the Core Curriculum and its been good to me! However, I was hoping for some clarification. When doing LR or RC are we actually supposed to take note of the grammar and phrasing stuff mentally (i.e. in my head say okay this is the subject and this is the verb or okay this is referring back to this concept)?

Or is this just drill stuff and that is unnecessary?

Thanks!

Comments

• legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    Hi @zohaib.a,

It's better if you drill this so that you have a more intuitive understanding of what you're reading. It is relative to the individual and their familiarity with difficult reading. For instance, if you do find that you're struggling to understand more verbose or complex passages it can come in handy to break them down. That being said, when you're under the pressure of a time limit you have to ask yourself whether or not your time would best be spent on parsing the grammar. Hope that helps.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I agree. You don't use it most of the time but when you hit a passage that isn't clear in your head it can help you get "unstuck" on meaning. Thus, having the skill is a very useful tool.