PT76.S2.Q25 - new TV programs will be canceled

yhchoi1687yhchoi1687 Alum Member
edited September 2016 in Logical Reasoning 80 karma
I got this question right first but after BR when I just solved it with my logical intuition, but I got wrong since I made some logical diagram for the question.
Please clarify whether I had any error.

"Their new shows are all police dramas" : NS -> PD

(C) None of the shows that W&W produced last year that were not canceled were police dramas: /C(NSL) -> /PD = PD -> C(NSL) (It means every police drama that W&W created last year was cancelled

So if (C) is true, doesn't it help the premise (NS->PD) to create conclusion that most of new shows will be cancelled ( NS -m-> C) as it creates ( NS -> PD -> C(NSL) )? In other words, every police drama that W&W created last year was cancelled and new shows for this year is all police dramas, so it is highly likely most of new shows this year will be cancelled.

I think it would not be good to solve this question in this way but still logical appeal of (C) confuses me.
Please help me to understand it.

Thanks!
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-76-section-2-question-25/

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I think this is where the phrase "most helps to strengthen" gives the needed wiggle room. The additional piece is the use of the phrase "new" in D. This makes it more relevant (stronger) than C where the shows may have been running for a while and were then canceled.