Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HORROR STORY that one can only laugh at the absurdity of

desire2learndesire2learn Member
in General 1171 karma
@"Dillon A. Wright" Please delete if I say more than I am allowed.
Our test today was administered while construction crews were working on fixing the street right outside the testing room. The jack hammering started during section 2 I believe and continued uninterrupted until finally it got so bad that the proctor STOPPED OUR EXAM IN THE MIDDLE OF A SECTION!!!!!!!! But of course not until the JACK HAMMERING! was right next to the building and the entire building was shaking! Repeat, THERE WAS AN INDUSTRIAL SIZED JACK HAMMER ATTACHED TO A BOBCAT PULVERIZING THE CONCRETE ABOUT FIVE FEET AWAY FROM WHERE PEOPLE WERE TAKING THE LSAT! It was terrible before that but the entire building shaking just made it so extra absurd. We sat there for over an hour with our tests closed MID-SECTION! while the silliness continued. Then we finished the rest of the test. So, yeah, no big deal.
I don't even know what to say. It was beyond description and 100% more surreal than I can convey.
AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (followed by laughter because the only thing we could all do today was just laugh at the ridiculousness of it all)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Haha! I'm glad it al worked out (sorta?)
  • BlueBellBlueBell Free Trial Member
    60 karma
    which testing center was this at??
  • always learningalways learning Free Trial Member
    99 karma
    what a disaster
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    It did not work out (or maybe it will). I have a feeling that LSAC will declare the administration invalid. Who knows? It was such a gigantic mess.
    1171 karma
    DOV in Burbank, CA. The proctor I thought was strict but good. The situation was simply a nightmare for her and the rest of us.
  • zevikahanzevikahan Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    We are fighters!!!!
  • always learningalways learning Free Trial Member
    99 karma
    which was the real LR section?
    1171 karma
    The thing that sucks is the potential (from a low score because of the insanity or from LSAC pushing us to the Dec. LSAT) for being screwed in the admissions process due to the timing now. I am sooooooooo disappointed and wired and pasdptoaslsdknfgasoihdpk!
    1171 karma
    I love @zevikahan
    1171 karma
    He endured the same fun today!
    1171 karma
    I have no way of knowing because I had three. Someone who had two would have to compare with those of us who had three (and I would have to be able to remember anything from that test other than the jack hammering)
    1171 karma
    @zevikahan please add your perspective to things. I feel I may not characterize things right and I would love to have others add their perspective.
  • zevikahanzevikahan Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    All I kept thing was "the worst possible situation everyone fears is actually happening to us"
    1171 karma
    At least I have had more than my quota of laughter for the day.
  • ElroyHouseElroyHouse Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    I am glad that it all got worked out.Hope you did your test ok.
    1171 karma
    I feel like I bombed RC but who knows. Non-disclosed LSATs are not fun.