Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying

kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
in General 208 karma
I just took the September LSAT. I do not think I hit my target, and will probably be gearing up for a retake come December. However, can I start the application process without having to submit my September score?

How does this work?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Yes, I urge you to start your application process ASAP if you would like to attend law school for this upcoming cycle. Submit your application once you get the Sept score and if you would like to retake in December, notify the law schools (via phone or email) that you are putting your application on hold because you intend on taking the December LSAT so they won't look at your app with the Sept score. This way once the Dec scores are released your application will be put in review automatically.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Yes. Definitely start/finish your personal statement, LORs, et cetera. Make an account on LSAC.org, which is where your LORs, transcripts, and scores will be.

LOR requests may be sent via your account. Ask your university for an electronic transfer of your transcript.

Not sure whether it's advised to send out stuff to schools or not without even your first score. I would say no, especially since you intend to aim for December as well. But if your score is at least close to what you want, use it to apply and let schools know you are taking in December, if you are going to do so.