Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RL from 2013 - 7Sage Forum

RL from 2013

DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
edited September 2016 in Law School Admissions 53 karma
I asked a professor to write a recommendation in 2013 for me. However, I didn't apply that year and the letter is still in the system. Can i use it for application this year?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I think so.. I believe the LSAC website says you are to contact the professors and get their permission that it is still OK to use, or something along those lines.
  • DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
    53 karma
    thanks you @"Alex Divine" !
    I am just worried that the school adm committee would feel it is a bit too old and therefore the credibility will decline.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I have 2 letters on my lsac account from 2015 that I won't be using until the 2018 cycle (God Willing) and I believe just as long as your account didn't expire, they should be good to use no matter how long they've been there for. Maybe LSAC changed the rule though, @"Alex Divine" ?
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    @Daisyyyyyy said:
    I am just worried that the school adm committee would feel it is a bit too old and therefore the credibility will decline.
    It should be fine, but people usually recommend that if it's possible to let your writer know you won't be applying until later in case they need to change up some wording in their letter. I.e. "I recommend Harambe for the Law School entering class of 2013, he was a student of mine this past spring semester..." you get the gist :)
  • DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
    53 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    It should be fine, but people usually recommend that if it's possible to let your writer know you won't be applying until later in case they need to change up some wording in their letter. I.e. "I recommend Harambe for the Law School entering class of 2013, he was a student of mine this past spring semester..." you get the gist :)
    Thanks montaha:)
    11542 karma
    You're welcome :)