Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

University of Chicago Application Question

desire2learndesire2learn Member
edited October 2016 in General 1171 karma
In the University of Chicago application there is a section where it asks you to input the following and gives the following fields:

List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received.

Name of Award/Honor - - - - Date/Term Received - - - - - Description - - - - - - School
____________________ - - - - _________________ - - - - - _________ - - - - - - __________

I have some awards that are from athletics. Do I include them here? I feel like it depends on how you read the instruction sentence.
If so, some are from organizations not schools. Do I put the organization in that field or the school I was attending?
All of my awards are currently listed on my résumé. Do I list them here also? Do I remove the awards from my résumé?
Should I just email the admissions office at UChicago and ask?

Even simple things get complicated when it comes to law school.

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2016 2424 karma
    Yes! Do all of that bro. I know it seems redundant but you should put all your accomplishments there.

Under the school section put the school you were attending if you can.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Yeah it does seem redundant but hey, they ask, you give lol. I would still call the school to ask!
    And yeah, every small thing matters when we submit our apps so you're definitely not being obsessive or anything.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Yeah it does seem redundant but hey, they ask, you give lol.
    Haha. I love the way you phrase things Montaha! They always end up making me smile and encouraging me more than the OP. lol
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" haha! Aww I'm glad to know that :D I've been told that before and always get caught off guard lol