Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

David's essay edit

orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
in General 216 karma
Hello,
I have a question about a course including unlimited editing.
Does it really mean unlimited unlimited editing?
So we can ask him to edit as many times as we want?
Does he check the content only or will he correct grammar also?

Thanks

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    I am going to say absolutely yes to your question but it will be better to hear it from @david.busis himself lol
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    216 karma
    Thanks for taggin him.
    I was also wondering how many days it takes to get my paper back.
    I would like to have enough time to write/get edited etc. but is there time limit? Such as...the work should be done within a month or 2 months (like expire date)
    @david.busis
    So I guess if we do not tag people they ma not notice the posts even we reply them right?
    (only original poster can get notification when people post replies)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    While they don't get notified unless tagged, the 7sage team is really helpful on the forums and voluntarily chime in when they see a topic they can help with and David is no exception :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @orangebeer said:
    Hello,
    I have a question about a course including unlimited editing.
    Does it really mean unlimited unlimited editing?
    So we can ask him to edit as many times as we want?
    Does he check the content only or will he correct grammar also?

Thanks

I think the turn around is a day or so. 2 of my friends used David and I will be when it comes time as well. Not too many Yale educated/Iowa writers workshop alumni you're going to get to help with PS/DS and such.

216 karma
    @"Alex Divine"
    True.
    Which course did your friends purchase?
    I was thinking to ask him to check both of them but it's kind of expensive...right?
    But if I only ask for editing one of them, I'm sure law school will notice that I got someone help my essay because the writing would be different.
    I'm worried it will affect application process then...
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7287 karma
    Hi everyone,

First of all—yes, it *really* means unlimited editing for one essay. I have gone back and forth with some people upwards of twenty times. There's no time limit, either. And yes, I do both grammar and content.

To clarify, if we finish your essay for school X, and then you ask me to tweak it for school Y, I'll say sorry, no can do. That's a second essay. But most people don't need to do that anyway. The terms of the deal are transparent—there are no hidden limits.

I strive to get back to everyone within two days, and so far, I have. I'm sometimes faster than that, but I can't make any promises.

Your concerns about adcoms noticing the writing are totally valid. We can talk about how much you want me to polish up your essay. You might ask me, for example, to limit myself to content, structure, and grammar, but to leave the prose alone.

Thanks for chiming in, @montaha.rizeq and @"Alex Divine".

edited October 2016 216 karma
    @david.busis

Glad to hear from you.
    Thank you for answering my questions.
    I see, I think I woud like to ask you to edit my essay when I get decent test score then.
    For now, I'll do all my best for studyin the test :)
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7287 karma
    Good idea! Focus on the LSAT first.

I'll be here.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    @orangebeer said:
    @"Alex Divine"
    True.
    Which course did your friends purchase?
    I was thinking to ask him to check both of them but it's kind of expensive...right?
    But if I only ask for editing one of them, I'm sure law school will notice that I got someone help my essay because the writing would be different.
    I'm worried it will affect application process then...
    One of my friends purchased the Ultimate admissions package. As for my other friend, I'm not sure what she went with, but I'm almost certain it was the ultimate or ultimate + package.

In comparison to some of the admissions consultants out there, the 7Sage admissions package is VERY reasonably priced! Also, while many of the other admissions consultants have great records, at the end of the day, they aren't writers of the same caliber as David.

At first I thought everything to do with applications was quite expensive. The LSAT courses and books, the app fees, CAS fee, transcript fees, etc. Then when I sat back and thought about how important this is; how much it means to me; it became clear that I really shouldn't spare any reasonable expense. Hell, I'd pay $20gs extra if it helps get me into my dream school! Plus, one must consider ROI and the increased chances you will be given a scholarship with a good application package.

I don't think the law schools would notice. It isn't like you're buying a pre-written essay offline, you know? Believe it or not, a lot of those applying to top schools get help from pros. I'd be more worried that my writing wasn't on the same caliber to be honest.

It sort of comes down to game theory when you think about it because so many of those applying get help that I fear I might actually be at a disadvantage by not getting the pro help.

216 karma
    @"Alex Divine"
    Thanks for ur insight.
    Yeah, I feel like I should ask pro to check my essays...I didn't know top students do that too, bc I heard LSAT and GPA kind of determine where you can go, but when I think about it...
    Those who apply for the same place tend to have similar GPA and test score...what would distinguish them then?
    Other stuff such as essays, right?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @orangebeer said:
    Thanks for ur insight.
    Yeah, I feel like I should ask pro to check my essays...I didn't know top students do that too, bc I heard LSAT and GPA kind of determine where you can go, but when I think about it...
    Those who apply for the same place tend to have similar GPA and test score...what would distinguish them then?
    Other stuff such as essays, right?
    Yup -- softs, essays, work experience. A good, well-edited PS can go a long way!
  • RRSinglet2RRSinglet2 Member
    59 karma
    Is this available for those who aren't on the ultimate package?
    216 karma
    @"Alex Divine"
    What is softs?

@Becca_Rose
    You can get separately I think.
    Here; https://7sage.com/enroll-admissions/
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @"Becca_Rose" said:
    Is this available for those who aren't on the ultimate package?
    It's only available if you purchase Admissions Premium or above. LSAT Starter, Premium, Ultimate and Ultimate+ are different things.
    Like @orangebeer said, you can pick it up here:
    https://7sage.com/enroll-admissions/
  • RRSinglet2RRSinglet2 Member
    59 karma
    @orangebeer @"Dillon A. Wright"

Thanks for the heads up!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    @orangebeer

"softs" in regards to law school admissions are things other than the "hard," numbers of your GPA/LSAT. Softs consist of things like work experience, extracurriculars, internships, underrepresented minority status, etc. Basically anything that factors into your application that isn't quantifiable.