[Test Center Review] Texas A&M, Downtown Fort Worth, TX

TakamineTakamine Alum Member
Date of exam: 9/24/16

Proctors:

I think I drew the short straw and had to sit in the front row where the proctors were pacing back and forth -- it was extremely distracting. I'm pretty certain that they were not pacing through the other rows behind me because there wasn't enough space between rows. There was also another proctor sitting on the Professors desk at the front swinging her legs, like she was really bored to be there, extremely annoying and distracting.

They did a good job keeping time. There was also a big clock in the room that you could go by.

Facilities:

Modern building downtown. You had to go up elevators to get to the classrooms. Toilets located just opposite the rooms.

What kind of room:

Large, tiered-row seating. Looked like it could seat about 50. Each row was divided into three sections, one larger middle section and two smaller wings. Seats were adjustable which was very helpful! Bright, well lit room.

How many in the room:

I think every person in Texas decided to take their lsat at A&M, there were three classes with about 30 people in each class, and there were 3 different classrooms. There was one space between you and the person next to you, I felt like it could've been a little more, but it was enough as to not be distracted.

Desks:

Tables were the long joined ones and you were seated with one space between you and the other test taker.

Left-handed accommodation:

Yes.

Noise levels:

Quiet. (Except for the person with the cold who wouldn't stop sniffling).

Parking:

Plenty. Right across from the school there were huge parking lots. And also available on the street.

Time elapsed from arrival to test:

Too long in my opinion. It was almost an hour from check in until we received instructions. Part of that would've been because there were so many people that they needed to process. I do think they still let people in after 8:30AM. We were left in the room with awkward silence waiting for what felt like an eternity for everyone to come in.

Irregularities or mishaps:

Felt as though they took way too long to get started on the exam. The proctors were very thorough with the check-in process, really looked through your ziplock bag and made sure there was nothing that shouldn't have been in there -- that may have added to the delay.

Would you take the test here again?

Not sure. I'm really tempted to try another test center, there is one in Arlington which is about 20 minutes away. However, I think their facilities are a little more outdated. The adjustable chairs are a big factor for me -- you didn't need to be too far hunched over if you're taller.

And I'm really banking on not being seated right at the front. That was extremely distracting for me with the proctors pacing and looking down at you constantly. And the other proctor sitting at the front swinging her legs like she was really bored to be there.