[Over!] Admissions Q&A Thurs Nov 1 @ 9 p.m. ET

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited December 2018 in Law School Admissions 7272 karma

Hi 7Sagers,

I'll host another office hours this Thursday, at 9 p.m. ET. Once again, I won't give a spiel, I'll just field your questions from start to finish. You don't need to register in advance.

When: Nov 1, 2018 9:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Admissions Q&A with David

Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://zoom.us/j/395556381

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +14086380968,,395556381# or +16468769923,,395556381#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 395 556 381
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ablCBMYh3O

Comments

• Melanie partially afkMelanie partially afk Alum Member
    edited October 2018 9 karma

hi there !
    I just canceled my test in Oct. My next test is in Jan. I’m worry about that if a Jan lsat can still be useful ?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

@"Melanie partially afk" Let's talk about it tonight!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

Meet me in five minutes!

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

Is the Q&A over? I joined, but I am not hearing anything.

• MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member
    350 karma

@"Melanie partially afk" said:
    hi there !
    I just canceled my test in Oct. My next test is in Jan. I’m worry about that if a Jan lsat can still be useful ?

I missed the webinar and I am curious to know what David's take was. Anyone can fill me in?

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

@MindyKale said:

@"Melanie partially afk" said:
    hi there !

I missed the webinar and I am curious to know what David's take was. Anyone can fill me in?

He said getting applications in by January is ideal, so the January test will be a bit of a stretch. It is not that one won’t get into law school, but she/he may not get into their top choices or whatever. In other words, the pool of seats left have obviously decreased by the time the application goes out in February. Additionally, there might not be as many scholarships left by the time February rolls around. Long story short... it is not impossible, but the chances for everything are smaller.

He said that it is not a bad idea to consider waiting to take it at a time that you feel comfortable enough with the score you think you will get. If that time is January, then one can decide if they want to apply in February or apply when it opens again in September. One will probably have a higher chance in September 2019 vs. February 2019. Hope this helps!