Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feb Retakes?

SherryS1SherryS1 Member
in General 477 karma
I couldn't find the answer to this in my searches but apologize if this is a repeat.

I am taking the Dec 2016 test and will apply with that score during this admissions cycle. If I do a Feb retake can I send that score in as an additional way to bolster my application? Or, do schools not accept additional information after their application deadlines are over?

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Comments

• LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    I would really like to know the answer to this as well!
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    You could, but by the time you get the February test results, the application deadlines for most law schools will have passed. If the schools you are applying to have later deadlines then go for it. Whether the Feb test can help applicants for the same year's cycle also depends upon your applicant status. For example, the Feb LSAT could help someone get off the wait list for a school. The issue is knowing if your score and application would put you on the waitlist. I'd make sure to check all the deadlines for the schools you are applying to so you have everything in by then.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @SherryS1 ,

As you'll find the answer to many LSAT-related questions the answer is: it depends.

Some schools take Feb scores. Heck, some even accept June scores....
    Most seem to have December LSAT as deadlines for that cycle.
    Some will consider Feb scores for this current cycle.

As @nessa.k13.0 says, be sure to check with the specific schools you are interested in. Even if they have a December LSAT deadline, you can always ask if they will consider a February score; many will and this can help you get off the waitlist.

• SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 and @"Alex Divine" thank you both for that context! With December around the corner, I'm trying to weigh my options :) Now off to drill more logic games...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @SherryS1 said:
    @nessa.k13.0 and @"Alex Divine" thank you both for that context! With December around the corner, I'm trying to weigh my options :) Now off to drill more logic games...
    Haha, well it is smart and prudent of you to be thinking ahead, so kudos!

And back to drilling is right! :)