Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I gauge my improvement now?

nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
in General 431 karma
Since I've decided to retake, I have completed three prep tests. Clearly, the scores are inflated because I've already taken them before. For December, I'm planning on dissecting the incorrect questions even more throughly than before. My question remains: How do I judge my improvement now that my PT scores are higher than they are supposed to be? I don't want to walk into December's exam being completely unsure of my range.

Just for clarity, I've already done PTs 53-78, individual sections pre-36 and somewhat in the 40s and early 50s.

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @nantesorkestar said:
    y question remains: How do I judge my improvement now that my PT scores are higher than they are supposed to be? I don't want to walk into December's exam being completely unsure of my range.
    Have you used all of your fresh tests?

One way to offset the inflated score of retakes is to shave some time off. Perhaps giving yourself only 25 minutes per section. I think this was something JY has recommended.

Another way to gauge your progress is to see if you keep missing the same questions on your retakes. If you are then you might have an issue with the fundamentals behind those questions you are getting wrong. So that will certainly let you know if you have any weaknesses that need to be addressed.

I am actually a big advocate of retakes and think you can learn more in many cases by doing the same test multiple times.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Perhaps giving yourself only 25 minutes per section.
    yup, looking forward to when I begin doing this lol.
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Another way to gauge your progress is to see if you keep missing the same questions on your retakes. If you are then you might have an issue with the fundamentals behind those questions you are getting wrong. So that will certainly let you know if you have any weaknesses that need to be addressed.

I am actually a big advocate of retakes and think you can learn more in many cases by doing the same test multiple times.
    Very true. I used to think retakes held little to no value, but I've matured, I've grown.