Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hitting a 167 before December, is it possible? -December Test taker)

BreeBreeBreeBree Member
in General 219 karma
Hi all,

So I've been consistently fluctuating between 162-165. I would prefer a solid 167 or higher; can somebody tell me what the chances are that I could potentially get to a solid 167 before the December test, what can i do to improve? I notice my reading comprehension section is what brings me down. help?

Comments

• StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    If RC is what's bringing you down it may be a little harder, but definitely possible. Just BR thoroughly and focus on your approach. I think you can get there, good luck!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2016 4181 karma
    @BreeBree would you mind getting more specific with your averages per section?

Given your current score range, I imagine you're missing at least a few per section. Thus, while RC is your biggest issue percentage-wise, you might be better off improving on LG and LR, both of which are easier to master for most. Moreover, two LR sections allows your improvement to be compounded.

If by "prefer" you mean you will retake if you do not get that score, don't take the December test if you aren't scoring close to test day where you want to be. You're so close, and I bet you can get there and even farther, so don't have a lower score on your record just because you relatively close to what you want. This is, of course, if you can't get to 167+ by the December test. But getting to that range in just over a month is possible.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @danielznelson said:

If by "prefer" you mean you will retake if you do not get that score, don't take the December test if you aren't scoring close to test day where you want to be. You're so close, and I bet you can get there and even farther, so don't have a lower score on your record just because it is relatively close to what you want.
    Good advice!
  • BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    219 karma
    Thanks for all the advice, I truly appreciate it!