Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My score won't budge

GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 440 karma
My score is in the high 160's....but my goal is to score above 173...

I've pretty much completed my course online, and I've practiced blind review for about a month now. I just took preptest 40...and my score has not budged.
I swear, my score has not budged since February. It's so funny because my score is so predictable. For some people it's a range, but for me, it's usually the same exact number time after time....and it's the same score it's been since February.

I am so disappointed because I've worked so hard and have seen little improvement. I'm starting to think I'm not smart enough...Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    It just takes some time for the new information to sink in. Sure, the theory is tough, but putting theory into practice is a beast all on its own.

Make sure you're keeping a list of the mistakes you're making, and thinking long and hard about what led you to make those mistakes and how you can avoid that mistake in the future. If you can't figure it out on your own, I'd suggest enlisting in the aid of a study buddy or a tutor - often, it takes a third party to observe what you yourself are missing.

Don't lose heart! Continue blind reviewing and practicing and your knowledge WILL translate over eventually. Think of every mistake you make as an opportunity to learn, and go from there.
  • fiji12345678fiji12345678 Member
    108 karma
    I was, still am, in the exact same situation. I scored in the high 160s consistently. With so many blind reviews and endless hours of PTing, my scores would not freakin' go up. I was completely discouraged and felt maybe I am not smart enough. I took the LSAT two days ago in Asia and could tell that it was going be somewhere in the high 160s again. I cancelled the score and was depressed for the past 2 days, but I found the motivation and courage to try again and start over. So, don't worry. You are not alone. Don't give up. Let's keep trying!

Jonathan

Thank you for your advice. =)
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Thank you so much Jonathan for your advice! I really need to think more about why I keep making these mistakes, so I can avoid making them again. And thank you jnlee for your encouragement. I hope you and I both see improvement!