Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on reviewing RC

Hey guys,
I've been pting for the last month or so for the December LSAT. I have improved immensely in LG and LR because I feel like I've been blind reviewing this sections pretty effectively. I try to blind review RC as well, but I don't feel like my level of understanding in this section has improved much since I started doing PT's.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the most out of reviewing RC after a PT?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    While it's important to review immediately after the PT as a part of your BR, I think RC really benefits from delayed repeats. Some of my most productive gains on RC came from repeating a section a month or two after I saw it the first time. Having a distant recollection of the subject matter frees up my mind to really hone in on the structural elements of the passage. Once I started seeing the underlying mechanics on repeats, I found that I became better and better at seeing it on new sections.

Another thing I like to do is to break down sentences grammatically. Any time I read a complex sentence that confuses me, I like to identify the subject, the verb, and the object. By reading the skeletal sentence structure, I then have a better time following what the sentence is saying. So the previous sentences would read something like: "I read sentence, I identify subject/verb/object. I have time." Very simple, very concise. From there, I can flesh it out with all the other grammatical structures.