Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Referential passage: Issue identification and solutions.

Hi guys,

So here is what I have written down in my notebook as a problem I am having. If you have any good solutions please let me know.

So this is what I have written down today in my notebook:

1. When the question asks to refer back to specific passages, correctly identifying the referencing passage is key.

2. After the referential passage is correctly identified, the section of the paragraph should be read in sizeable amount as to capture the underlying meaning in a complete or sufficient manner. Even if there is a passage break in between, the beginning of the next passage should be read as well to identify for any hints.

3. A question can be made difficult by the author through applying referential phrasing in the sentence which it directly is referring. Under such circumstance, patience and care should apply and the main intended topic needs to be draw-out through back solving.

4. A question can be selected wrong for this set of questions when there is a answer choice that directly points out the main point of the passage. Under referencing questions, this reference only applies to the sentence which it is pointing instead of the main point. The brain has a tendency to go with the familiar without actually drawing a constraint for the task at hand.

Please let me know how you deal with this situation.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I think this is good for the most part, just make sure that you're not wasting time. For many people who struggle with time on RC, this is where the time is going. When there's a line cite, I do think it's typically good to glance back, just make sure you're not getting bogged down!