Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application fee question

MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
in General 2086 karma
Are there technically 2 application fees? One for the LSAC, and one for each school?
I've noticed that some of my target schools don't charge an application fee. So, would the LSAC still charge me to apply to those schools?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited December 2016 11542 karma
    Yeah, there's two fees. There's the school's application fee (varies), and the CAS fee ($30). LSAC doesn't charge you for the app fee even if the school's fee is 0. But do ask the schools if they offer any waivers, you never know. I once got a waiver just for attending an open house lol.
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    You should apply for the LSAC fee waivers and it'll waive 4 of their own $30 fees. Going to law school fairs and signing clip boards etc at rep tables is also usually a good way to get fee waivers. Sometimes, even just emailing the school and asking them for a fee waiver is a good way to save money. But usually the LSAC $30 application fee is hard to avoid.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @montaha.rizeq and @lawschoolstuff16 Thank you! I'm glad to hear that there aren't 2 $75 fees, haha.
    I do have a few fee wavers, and I will be emailing a couple of schools to request waivers.
    Unfortunately, I attended the 2015-2016 law fair, so the waivers I received have since expired.