Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Studying

TKenn1424TKenn1424 Core Member
in General 29 karma

How much time would someone recommend studying each week with hopes of getting in the 165-170 LSAT range on the September LSAT after a diagnostic test score of 145?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@ThomasKennedy2455 said:
    How much time would someone recommend studying each week with hopes of getting in the 165-170 LSAT range on the September LSAT after a diagnostic test score of 145?

Everyone is different with regards to their tolerance for burnout, conscientiousness, and simply how much time they have to study each week.

My first question would be how much time are you able to allot to prepping each week? Will you be studying full time or working?

• TKenn1424TKenn1424 Core Member
    29 karma

Hey Alex,
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it! I will be working part time so I should have a good amount of time to study.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

@ThomasKennedy2455 said:

As Alex says it depends. Start by going through the core-curriculum and making sure to take your time to understand things correctly. Set a schedule which lets you effectively study for months without burning out. This means include downtime and off days in your schedule.

If you happen to start scoring in 165 sooner, you can always take it earlier in June or maintain it or even raise the score higher by September. You can't go wrong by being prudent and spending the maximum amount of time you can to study effectively.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

From my experience. Learning the foundational skills like diagramming, understanding "lawgic" and whatnot will usually impart about a 10 point increase. From that point forward, you need to be conscientiously honing those skills, doing deep review, and working through your weaknesses.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

For me, just becoming familiarized with those techniques like the Negation test took couple months

29 karma

@Sami said:

@Sami said:
    @ThomasKennedy2455 said:

As Alex says it depends. Start by going through the core-curriculum and making sure to take your time to understand things correctly. Set a schedule which lets you effectively study for months without burning out. This means include downtime and off days in your schedule.

If you happen to start scoring in 165 sooner, you can always take it earlier in June or maintain it or even raise the score higher by September. You can't go wrong by being prudent and spending the maximum amount of time you can to study effectively.

Thank you so much Sami, I really appreciate the advice!!

29 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    For me, just becoming familiarized with those techniques like the Negation test took couple months

Thank you so much, I appreciate the guidance!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ThomasKennedy2455 said:
    Hey Alex,
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it! I will be working part time so I should have a good amount of time to study.

Yup @Sami 's advice is spot on. As far as hours go per week, I think you should see what a good amount for you is. I think doing 2-4 hours a day with a day off per week is a good place to aim. You can always do less or more depending on what you're comfortable with.

29 karma

@"Alex Divine" > @"Alex Divine" said:

@ThomasKennedy2455 said:
    Hey Alex,

Yup @Sami 's advice is spot on. As far as hours go per week, I think you should see what a good amount for you is. I think doing 2-4 hours a day with a day off per week is a good place to aim. You can always do less or more depending on what you're comfortable with.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the help! Much appreciated!