Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Taking February LSAT to go from waitlist to acceptance - 7Sage Forum

Taking February LSAT to go from waitlist to acceptance

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member
edited January 2018 in Law School Admissions 130 karma

Hi guys!

do you know if it's common for waitlisted(or sometimes I think they use the word "reserve" listed) candidates to be accepted after getting a higher score on their February LSAT? I already have an LSAT score but I got waitlisted at a school recently and I was hoping to gain admittance with a higher LSAT score. Not sure if that's a common thing that happens....or how they even decide which candidates to admit since the waiting lists are not ranked.

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Yes people are often able to use both Feb and June for this purpose.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I would suggest to call the school so they know you are taking the Feb lsat.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Call the school about their specific policies. A higher LSAT score accompanied with a LOCI should get you off the wait-list, but it shouldn't be one that one should specifically bank on, given how competitive this cycle is. There's always the opportunity to apply in the next cycle, so that you can send your potentially higher score as soon as applications open.

• markk007markk007 Member
    21 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Call the school about their specific policies. A higher LSAT score accompanied with a LOCI should get you off the wait-list, but it shouldn't be one that one should specifically bank on, given how competitive this cycle is. There's always the opportunity to apply in the next cycle, so that you can send your potentially higher score as soon as applications open.

When do the schools applications usually open?

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@markk007 Generally by September/October. Check each school for specific details.