Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free LSAT Prep

sk8r731sk8r731 Free Trial Member
edited January 2018 in General 4 karma

Kaplan is offering free LSAT prep courses online right now.

Any other free LSAT prep offered?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Second half of 2018 Khan Academic is going to start offering free LSAT prep.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

Although Free LSAT prep is nice, I honestly think Kaplan is pretty much the worst prep option after Barron's. I started with Kaplan back in early fall of 2016 before I signed up for 7Sage. I studied using their methods for a few weeks and honestly I ended up having to unlearn all their methods which not only confused the F*** out of me, but set me back quite a bit.

And, until this day, I've yet to meet anyone who has used Kaplan and would recommend it.

Yelp rates Kaplan at 2/5 stars. https://www.yelp.com/biz/kaplan-test-prep-and-admissions-san-francisco

It rates 7Sage at 5/5 stars. https://www.yelp.com/biz/7sage-lsat-preparation-manhattan

Just wanted to throw that out there...

The best free prep are 7Sage's LG explanations: https://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/

And I think Mike Kim, author of The LSAT Trainer, has some very helpful stuff on his website, too.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 2134 karma

@sk8r731 said:

Free doesn't mean good. I second @"Alex Divine"'s post above. I also took Kaplan and have had to unlearn many of the study methods I learned. They sucked me in and I took the bait : (. I was absolutely not prepared for the Sept test and the instructor should have told me not to take it based on the school and score I needed. I was very naive and I wish I would have done more research on the various courses.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited January 2018 4423 karma

@sk8r731 said:

I have never heard a good thing about Kaplan LSAT prep and I have heard some things about Kaplan LSAT prep. On the plus side though, at least if they are offering it free, then they are not scamming people out of as much money. I bet they will try to sell something though.

The free logic games explanations from 7sage are as @"Alex Divine" said by far the best free resource. After that, there is some useful stuff floating around online and there is always your local library. They might have the powerscore bibles or the LSAT trainer if you are lucky.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

Try it out and see how YOU like it.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I completely agree with @"Alex Divine" I've heard nothing but terrible things from Kaplan, such as they only cover the basics of the LSAT and it's not conducive for anyone seeking a high score. Most people do not see much improvement. Some people have actually gotten worse. I've also heard from multiple people that there is no score qualification for being a tutor, meaning just about anyone could be teaching and they might not know much more than those in the class. It's really terrible and kind of predatory for those not in the know so I would stay far away from Kaplan in my honest opinion.