Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When Would I Need to Upgrade?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 221 karma
I currently have the Starter package but at some point would like to upgrade to the Ultimate.

But, to get as much time as possible, I don't want to do the upgrade until I need to.

Does anyone know at what stage I should upgrade? IE - I have built a study schedule under the Starter package. If I was to build one under the Ultimate, is there a certain point at which that content comes into play? I don't want to upgrade now if I won't be encountering any of the Ultimate content for a while.

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I just upgraded to the Ultimate. It took me about 2-3 months to do so. The biggest difference between Ultimate and the Starter is that there are more problem sets once you get into question types (especially once you get to Most Strongly Supported questions) and more PTs. All the curriculum lessons are the same. If you click "show locked" in the syllabus, it will show the titles of whats in the Ultimate package. In my opinion, you would only need to upgrade if you think you need the extra problem sets and games. I realized I needed them so I upgraded to Ultimate but I can see some people not needing them. I think its all about preference and what you think you need as far as drilling. I hope that helps.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2019 2654 karma
    As long as I am reading this correctly it doesnt matter when you upgrade because the amount of time added/ur expiration date would be the same whether you upgrade today or next month.

"You can upgrade to a more extensive course and just pay the difference between the two courses. When you upgrade a course, from Starter to Premium or Premium to Ultimate, your access period goes up by one month. Upgrading from Starter to Ultimate increases your access period by two months.

Note that it’s a better deal to get the course you want right away, since you get more months of access way. For example, getting Starter and upgrading to Ultimate gives you a total of five months of access. If you just got Ultimate to begin with, you’d have twelve months of access. An extra seven months for the same price!"

[Admin note: Months of access per course have changed]
  • Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
    221 karma
    Great info. Thanks!