Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

170+ Scorers

blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
edited January 2015 in General 3545 karma
For those of you who have taken the LSAT and joined the coveted 170+ club, I have a few questions:
1) What was your initial diagnostic?
2) What was your PT average the week before the LSAT?
3) What did you do your last week?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    1) 180
    2) 180
    3) 180

(I wish). :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    I'd like to know too. Also, what did you eat to keep energy for 5 hourrrsssss lol
  • lsatonmymindlsatonmymind Alum Member
    135 karma
    I agree with royaimani. I tend to get hungry half way through section 4 and that affects my performance. Also, I would like to know how many PTs do you take in a week?
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2015 3658 karma
    @royaimani: Kashi bars. By the boxes.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2015 2654 karma
    lol Make sure you have a nice big breakfast, and bring a nice snack for the break, make sure its not too unhealthy and full of sugar, get a little sugar, some protein in ur system and power through that last bit
    This is why you want to simulate test taking conditions, especially in the home stretch by waking up when you would for test day, go through your routine, eat, and get to wherever you're going to PT but make sure you leave a reasonable time that would happen on test day so your body has a feel for the wait and food burning
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I didn't score 180, but I had a big breakfast (try and not make it all carbs, or you'll have a peak in energy and a bit of a crash). Have protein, some carbs, and some fats. At the break I had a protein bar :)
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    1) 156
    2) 177
    3) I did one last PT and drilled a few sections. I took the Thursday and Friday off of work and spent them relaxing.

@royaimani: I ate cereal and fruit for breakfast, and brought cashews and a banana to eat during the break. I also ate a few cashews while waiting to be let into the testing room. I was worried that I would be hungry, but I was so jacked up on adrenaline that I didn't think about it.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Wow @Allison M, that's AMAZING! How long (months, hours, days, years, seconds, haha) did you study for? So happy for you!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Did anyone spend 6+ hours per day just devoted to the LSAT? If so, what was your daily routine?
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited February 2015 810 karma
    @blah170blah, I spent about 3 months studying. I found that the 7Sage curriculum got me to the mid-170s pretty quickly. I was okay at LR and RC to begin with, so I spent most of my time studying LG (I fool proofed every game several times, especially from PTS 1-35) and doing full five-section PTs.

I should also add that I got 174 on the actual test due to a couple of stupid mistakes, so I was glad to have been scoring a bit above my target.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    How long did it take you all to get to the 170s??