Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Negotiating aid

ile.ile.ileile.ile.ile Free Trial Member

Hi all, if I am hoping to convince school A to give me aid by letting them know how much I got from school B, should I wait until school A’s financial aid app forms are available and fill them out, see what happens, then tell them about school B’s offer? Or should I tell School A now since their $ is limited?

Comments

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

I would definitely wait until you've filled out the financial aid apps for school A, or else you risk sounding rude trying to tell them what money you should get based on another school. That way, after they give you your financial aid package, you can send a carefully worded respectful note about how much you want to go here but finances are important etc etc...

• ile.ile.ileile.ile.ile Free Trial Member
    28 karma

Thank you!! That’s what I was planning to do, but got different advice from someone and was worried I was missing info. I am thrilled about the schools I’ve gotten into so far, but just really worried about how I’m going to afford it.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

That's great congrats!! If school A is your first choice that will make it much easier to write a really enthusiastic, sincere letter about how much you want to go there and how more financial aid would help make it a reality! Good luck with it!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

did you fill out fafsa?

• ile.ile.ileile.ile.ile Free Trial Member
    28 karma

Thanks! Yes - school A is my first choice if I can afford :)

And yes, filled out FAFSA! :)