Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Anyone On the Fence About Upgrading Their Course

belalzaherbelalzaher Alum Member
in General 17 karma

Hi everyone,
I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster on 7sage. I noticed that a lot of people tend to only use the free explanation videos that 7sage offers for logic games, or the starter pack, but they are always unsure if the higher packages are worth it. I just wanted to make this thread to give my experience as well as my thank you to 7sage and the community.

In short, I think the higher packages are 100% worth it and for me, the reason was JY and his explanations for every question. Anyone who has watched enough of his explanation videos will see the confidence he has in eliminating wrong answers and that confidence, I found, was contagious.

I met every question with the confidence (and sass) of JY and found that the test is a lot less intimidating that way. It wasn't just that everyone answer was wrong, it was that it was so wrong there's no way you could pick it. Throughout my test, I had my own little JY in my head helping me, with a constant "there you go" whenever I found the right answer.

So I wanted to thank JY and the community for helping me to get into law school and for everyone who lurks the forums and wonders if the course is worth it, trust me it is.

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@belalzaher said:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster on 7sage. I noticed that a lot of people tend to only use the free explanation videos that 7sage offers for logic games, or the starter pack, but they are always unsure if the higher packages are worth it. I just wanted to make this thread to give my experience as well as my thank you to 7sage and the community.

In short, I think the higher packages are 100% worth it and for me, the reason was JY and his explanations for every question. Anyone who has watched enough of his explanation videos will see the confidence he has in eliminating wrong answers and that confidence, I found, was contagious.

I met every question with the confidence (and sass) of JY and found that the test is a lot less intimidating that way. It wasn't just that everyone answer was wrong, it was that it was so wrong there's no way you could pick it. Throughout my test, I had my own little JY in my head helping me, with a constant "there you go" whenever I found the right answer.

So I wanted to thank JY and the community for helping me to get into law school and for everyone who lurks the forums and wonders if the course is worth it, trust me it is.

I love your post!! and couldn't agree more :smiley:

While I am still in the grind, I know that the scores I have achieved on my previous takes are because JY was in my head during the test. Without JY and the 7Sage community, I would never have believed that I am capable of reaching even higher scores to create more opportunities for my future. I continue to drill with all of the problem sets in the ultimate package and listen to his explanations on my PTs to glean more insight as my core foundation gets stronger.

A funny aside, I usually run JY's videos at the higher speeds - my husband gets very concerned when I slow it down to normal speed and frantically asks what happened, are you okay, and sadly it is usually when JY says that it is Cookie Cutter Causation question. I promise you JY and I think I mentioned this to you on your BR calls last fall, I never want to hear those words again because I am working through those drill sets and making sure that I never have any issues with that Q type when I sit down for the June test.

Because I have gone through the entire core curriculum and confirmed my knowledge with the problem sets, I can now do target drilling with the additional problem sets on my personal weaknesses and listen to JY's explanations. As I continue in the PT phase, I listen to JY's explanations but also hope people take the time to read the 7Sagers questions/responses below the explanations - not only have I asked questions but reading different people's breakdowns of the questions has provided additional insight.

Again, I really appreciate your post because I realized I take for granted all of the benefits of the ultimate package and wanted to share my experience with anyone deciding what investment they want to make in 7Sage and how valuable it has been for me :)

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Thank you for this, Ive been debating on upgrading to ultimate or ultimate+, but hadn't been able to pull the trigger yet because I just didnt know if it was worth it or not. That is a fantastic point about being able to look up every question I want and see how the Master answers it. Thank you!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

There are so many explanations in Ultimate plus that make it well worth it. After reviewing exams numerous times, I heard JY voice in my head when i took the test

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Agreed! It's also worth the upgrade just so you can see how your reasoning lines up with JY's (and others who comment) for each and every questions. Sometimes JY or a peer's analysis of a question will add a new dimension of understanding that I didn't have before.