Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mediocre Feb score vs high June score for Fall 2018

swollthorswollthor Member
in General 16 karma

I am taking the LSAT this Saturday (original date was postponed due to blizzard). I have been preparing since late December, however I have only been using 7 sage for a couple weeks. The program I used previously was Alphascore. My logic games scores are consistently 20-23. But due to Alpha-scores heavy game focus, my LR and RC are barely above my baseline scores. 14-17 correct per section now, baseline was RC 15, LR 14 and 15 respectively. I have learned more about LR in the Last 2 weeks(just finished MSS in the syllabus) than in the previous 6-7 weeks of prep . I know I can add at-least 10 pts to my score by June. Should I drop out of this LSAT and just take the June one? Or should I take this one and apply to schools with it? My last PT (yesterday) was 155.

Comments

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

Hmm that's tough. Are you absolutely set on the fall 2018 cycle ? Waiting until June to submit a completed application does sound a little risky, so I can see the appeal of testing this Saturday so you can go ahead and submit an app. If you do this, I would suggest immediately alerting the school once your Feb. score is released that you will be testing again in June in hopes that they hold off on making a decision regarding your application. To be honest, I'm not completely certain on whether schools would be fine with this, though I've definitely heard of people using a June score to get off a waitlist or negotiate for higher scholarship (though this seems more common with the February test date).

What are the stats of the schools you are applying to regarding LSAT scores ?

• swollthorswollthor Member
    16 karma

Thanks for the response! The Median scores for the schools I'm looking at are 150, 152, 156, 158 and 162. My GPA is above the median for all of these schools.

16 karma

And I am very set on Fall 2018

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

@swollthor said:

what is the question then

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited February 2018 3072 karma

If possible, it's best to have to report only a single LSAT score on your applications. Under the circumstances, I see no reason for you to take the February and keep your score.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@swollthor said:

Even if it costs you up to $150,000?

If I were you and were that set on applying this cycle I would take right now and apply this cycle. I would then keep studying for a June retake. If you score substantially better in June and your school doesn't give you a fair scholarship shake, then drop and apply next year. 10 points could easilly be a huge difference in the caliber of school you go to or a huge scholarship difference at the same school.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@swollthor said:

Even if it costs you up to $150,000?

If I were you and were that set on applying this cycle I would take right now and apply this cycle. I would then keep studying for a June retake. If you score substantially better in June and your school doesn't give you a fair scholarship shake, then drop and apply next year. 10 points could easilly be a huge difference in the caliber of school you go to or a huge scholarship difference at the same school.

I agree with this.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I agree with the above. You want to get your score as high as you can for your future.

16 karma

Thanks everyone. I will take both LSATs and will postpone a year if they don't give me a fair scholarship.