Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BC Rejection

whoamiwhoami Free Trial Member
edited February 2018 in Law School Admissions 23 karma

Just been rejected from BC.

Stats: 2.99, 167

I know my gpa is terrible and I've taken the lsat 4 times but really!

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I got rejected too, but a lower 160s lsat. Did you hear back from other schools?

• whoamiwhoami Free Trial Member
    23 karma

Yep, all rejections so far haha - NW, Penn, BC, Cornell

Looking forward to more. I was actually waitlisted to NW last cycle with a 155 so idk what's going on. I have other schools like UCLA, Vandy, USC, Georgetown, UVA, and Fordham which will most likely be rejections as well. I'm actually considering not going to law school anymore.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

If you're willing to take on debt, you should consider switching one of those pending regular decision applications to an ED application.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Maybe reach for a 170+ and hire an admissions consultant like Spivey or 7sage. a 167 is a great score. You've already taken it a few times, you're obviously dedicated and doing well, don't give up.

3788 karma

Theres also a chance they dropped u becauze of gpa or because of yield protect. There was another high 160s lsat scorer who was dropped from bc

23 karma

@westcoastbestcoast if you saw that from a Reddit post then I'm the same guy. I posted on Reddit too. Just super bummed.

23 karma

@"surfy surf" yeah but there's only so much dedication I have left. I'll reach out to Spivey but I'm not sure what they can do to help.

3788 karma

@whoami said:
    @westcoastbestcoast if you saw that from a Reddit post then I'm the same guy. I posted on Reddit too. Just super bummed.

Nah i saw it here lol. Im hoping you will get into a better school.

23 karma

@10000019 only UVA I can ED at this point. It's too late now.

edited February 2018 23 karma

@westcoastbestcoast keep me in your prayers

• wrasschaertwrasschaert Member
    310 karma

Hey don't give up, this application cycle has been especially tough. In my opinion, you still have time to apply to some other T-25ish schools who might like a 167 at this point. Take a look at the rankings and maybe consider sending some additional apps to those, won't hurt. Keep your head up, your final apps might even surprise you.

23 karma

@Rtwrtw8 took the feb. so we'll see

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3652 karma

Don't get dejected right now!! At best, you'll be accepted to other schools. At worst, you can apply next really early next cycle (maybe ED a school?) and get a consultant to help make sure your PS and the rest of your app is stellar. It sounds like this cycle has been weird and unpredictable. I dont think you should waste such a good LSAT score (so close to 170+!!). Have you considered writing LOCIs for any of the other schools you applied to? Or just chill for a week and don't check your emails and dont look at TLS or 7sage and just hope for the best. Don't let this one rejection get you down after so much hard work.
    Did you apply to UCI? Your LSAT score is above their percentiles.

23 karma

Do you guys feel that it's the fact that I've taken the LSAT four times that I was rejected?

3788 karma

@whoami said:
    Do you guys feel that it's the fact that I've taken the LSAT four times that I was rejected?

The number of takes dont matter as much. There were posters on forums whos cycles seemed to progress based on their highest 170plus score, despite it being the fourth time.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

@whoami

Have you applied to Emory and George Washington? (Their deadline is 3/1)
    http://users.lawschoolnumbers.com/gpa-2.9/lsat-167
    http://users.lawschoolnumbers.com/gpa-3.0/lsat-167

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@whoami said:

I doubt it. I bet it is more that you are a pretty extreme splitter. That makes every app a roll of the dice and much less certain. Usually if you apply to enough schools the dice roll works out somewhere and often at a better school than expected. However, chance dictates that every once in a while someone is going to have an impressive streak of bad luck.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Ugh, so sorry. Everything is pointing to this cycle being a more competitive one. Applications are up like 10% from last year. Spivey seems to think that next year will be a bit easier though.

Maybe consider ED Northwestern next year? Especially if you can get a few more LSAT points. Their $150k scholarship for ED is a superb deal. WUSTL ED is full tuition scholarship too, so that's awesome. Or depending on your financial situation, EDing somewhere else could be a good choice if you're not worried about scholarships.

Splitter cycles are always super unpredictable, and this year being extra competitive is I'm sure impacting things. Don't get too down on yourself - if you still want to go, next cycle could be more splitter friendly.