Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Georgetown Top 10s - 7Sage Forum

Georgetown Top 10s

hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member

Now that the Georgetown deadline has passed, what did you guys do for the Top 10, if you chose that optional?
I did my top 10 favorite words and I wrote a little paragraph before explaining my history of loving different words lol I'm not entirely sure if I was supposed to do that, but they did say we could write up to 250 words...

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

i didn't apply to georgetown but I'm really curious about the words you chose. When I was a kid, I actually enjoyed learning new and strange words. Studying SAT vocab was strangely satisfying. Unfortunately, I don't remember many of those words that I memorized in ages past.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I did my top 10 ways to spend a Saturday. It was pretty lighthearted, but also a chance to show my non-academic interests! Easily my favorite optional essay (honorable mention goes to Stanford-music to play while reviewing app)

• hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member
    74 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    i didn't apply to georgetown but I'm really curious about the words you chose. When I was a kid, I actually enjoyed learning new and strange words. Studying SAT vocab was strangely satisfying. Unfortunately, I don't remember many of those words that I memorized in ages past.

I'll > @westcoastbestcoast said:

PMing you!

• hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member
    74 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    I did my top 10 ways to spend a Saturday. It was pretty lighthearted, but also a chance to show my non-academic interests! Easily my favorite optional essay (honorable mention goes to Stanford-music to play while reviewing app)

That's a great list, it really lets the school see another side to you. I loved the Stanford optional essays too - but I wouldn't have made it in so I didn't bother spending the $$ applying :(

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

BUMP because I'm starting to think of mine for next cycle :)

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    393 karma

I did my top 10 poems but got waitlisted. Maybe it was too weird! I have wondered about that.

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

I did my Top 10 Life Experiences and I think it really helped my app bc it showed a lot of different sides of me that the app did not show!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@sophie74 said:
    I did my Top 10 Life Experiences and I think it really helped my app bc it showed a lot of different sides of me that the app did not show!

If its not personal, what top 10 life experiences did you speak of?

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

Just things that made an impact on me, events that I vividly remember. Moments that meant a lot. That sort of thing

• __emsss____emsss__ Alum Member
    65 karma

I wrote "Top ten most effective things I did to destress while preparing for the LSAT". It was casual and showed my non-academic interests as well as a bit of humor. I got in w/o interview and w 135k scholarship although I don't know how much the top 10 list mattered... Although on the admissions letter I received in the mail, the Dean wrote a handwritten note saying he enjoyed my top 10 and wrote a few sentences about something I had touched on. So maybe it does matter!